Sunday, November 6, 2011

In England or France, a Revolution's a Reason to Throw a Party!

Greetings, folks!

I'm going to Paris this weekend!  I can't even believe that I'm finally going to be able to stay there and visit all the places I've seen in movies, history books (ranging from archaeological to art history), and even, yes, that silly Champs-Elysées song.  I'm going there this weekend because my boyfriend has actually flown all the way to France to see me, and will be hanging out with me (when I'm not in class, they're really strict about that here) until he flies back on Sunday.

The first night he arrived, we went to my friend Ben's house for a "Guy Fawkes" day celebration.  You should look it up, it's where the "V for Vendetta" mask is from, and where you hear people say "Remember, remember, the 5th of November".
You know the guy.

After eating some English (and Asian) goodies and setting a tiny scarecrow-looking guy ablaze in Ben's garden (which is the tradition, apparently), Gene and I made our way back to my house, where he spent the next day sleeping in "une grasse matinée" is the term in French.  My friends and I spoke mostly in French while we were there, and although Gene can't speak that much of it, he participated in a French study program when he was in high school, so he can understand it pretty well.  This is great for me, because I don't have to translate everything!  My host father wants to take us to Saumur tomorrow to visit some wine caves (with the ok from all of my teachers, of course), and we're hoping that Gene's "décalage horaires" (jet-lag) will be better by then. 

À bietôt!

No comments:

Post a Comment